Children
Children
To my children,
William Jr., Tiphanie,
Brandon, Joshua, Austin
You came here children,
to save a marriage,
that couldn't be saved.
to save a marriage,
that couldn't be saved.
You were delivered with all the hope,
humanity can bring to a new day.
humanity can bring to a new day.
You came and life was better,
the children's faces answered so many questions.
the children's faces answered so many questions.
You came expecting nothing,
deserving the chances only we can give.
deserving the chances only we can give.
- You came -
- We failed -
Now we must all see,
about tomorrow.
about tomorrow.
Tiphanie, Brandon,
I'm so terribly sorry I let this happen,
please forgive me?
I'm so terribly sorry I let this happen,
please forgive me?
Love Dad
| Copyrights © | William Darnell Sr |
| Year Posted 2013, 2020 |
| The moral right of the author has been asserted |
| The moral right of the author has been asserted |
Source - PoetrySoup
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment for the poem or for Poetry Corner Lounge and let us know what you think. We would really like to know what our visitors think. Thanks, William